Thursday, June 18, 2009

Good Stuff!

I've been collecting my pictures and memories for over a month now and just haven't gotten around to blogging them.......so here's what we've been doing!

Joshua participated in a 5K at his elementary school in May. He finished 109th out of 500 racers of all ages! It was his first ever race, so I was just impressed that he even wanted to do it!

The Raingutter Regatta was held in early June and both Joshua and Samuel made boats to race. Joshua's boat seemed to have technical difficulties in the raingutter.....
but Samuel's performed very well! He ended up with 3rd place overall!
I helped out at Field Day at Samuel's school and it was fun watching him compete with the rest of his class! Here they are trying to pass the hula hoop down the line without breaking hands.
The pool finally opened and we participated in the yearly Memorial Day parade down to the pool. Savannah is getting better on her bike and was so excited to decorate it this year! Dad tried and tried to get her riding without training wheels for a whole week before the parade, but in the end, the training wheels went back on....
Grandma and Aunt Frieda came to visit for a day. We wished we could have spent more time with them, but at least we can still look forward to a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's later this year! Aunt Frieda sat still for Savannah to style her hair.....isn't she lovely?!!!

Spring brings with it all kinds of wildlife and we have been excited to have visitors to watch on our deck. One day I got mad at Chris for emptying out the kids backpacks onto the back deck because I was sure all the crumbs would attract bugs. Instead we ended up with a willing squirrel licking up every last crumb!
The geese on our lake had babies, so Savannah and I made a special trip down to the lake to check them out! We got books about geese from our library and sat on the boardwalk and read them. It was a fun day! The babies were so cute!
A cardinal came to visit our deck and ate the cracker we had set out for the squirrel. My favorite thing about living here is the wildlife!

4 comments:

The Porter Family said...

I love that backyard of yours and all the wildlife (minus the snake...is it still showing up?) that you get! And, I am so impressed with the long distance runner of your! He has a futer funning marathons! Way to go. I trained all spring for my first 5k. Congrats to him!

ps...I love the color of your walls upbove your mouldings. Would you tell me what color it is, or is it a secret!

The Porter Family said...

"...runner of yours"

"..."future" in "running" marathons.

GEEZ, can I spell? Next time, I'll proofread!

Sonda said...

It's nice to know you're still alive, just busy. I love the wildlife too. I wish we had more of it here.

Julie said...

'Ya know??? I live here with you and I still miss it when you don't update your blog! Thanks for giving me inspiration to do mine...I'll get to it soon. I too love the wildlife and field days!