Thursday, June 3, 2010

SHE DID IT!!!!

After 4 1/2 long years of hard work, Shelby has earned her Young Womanhood Recognition award! I have to admit, there were days when I didn't know if this would ever happen! :) Here she is showcasing a few of her projects that she has worked on--one was learning to play 10 hymns on the piano and then playing them at church and the other was helping to run the Craft Shack at Cub Scout Day Camp.And just because I am one of "those" moms....you know, the ones who won't let their kids drive until they earn their YW Recognition or Eagle....here is Shelby showing off her driving skills on the way to church.
I was feeling a little guilty for manipulating her into earning it, so I did ask her on the way home, though, if the award even meant anything to her or if she just did it so that she could drive. In the end, she said that it was the biggest thing she has ever accomplished and she felt good about it. So I guess a little manipulation isn't so bad after all.....Congratulations Shelby, we are so proud of you!

2 comments:

Darla said...

I would have loved to see her "showcase" the award. When was that?

Rachel said...

You are evil manipulating her like that. lol. So proud of you shelby!!!