Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Random Pictures....

About a month ago, I fell victim to a loose stick in the road.... It was not that sturdy of a stick; as a matter of fact, it disintegrated in my hands as I tried to pull it out, but it successfully destroyed my rear tire in a matter of seconds! Fortunately for me, Sam's Club honored their warranty and replaced it free of charge......unfortunately for me, I had to replace another perfectly good tire at my cost so that they would be balanced! :(


Savannah's school held the "Vocabulary Parade" where each student had to dress up like a vocabulary word. Savannah's 1st grade class was supposed to pick compound words, so I smartly suggested "fairytale" thinking we could use her fairy costume and add a tail on the back.....unfortunately, on the night of the vocabulary parade as I was looking up the word "fairytale" in the dictionary, I realized it was NOT a compound word; just two separate words! Goes to show what 5 years of college will do for you! Needless to say, she was still a "fairytale"!





General Conference was the first weekend of April so we had a lot of time on our hands listening to the Prophet and Apostles speak. The messages were uplifting, as always, but I find it difficult to occupy fidgety kids who may not get as much out of it as me. Savannah has been wanting "bumpy hair" so I decided to braid her hair during one of the 2 hour sessions. This is what it looked like the next morning!
Chris' parents celebrated their 50th anniversary, so the kids threw a "pig pickin" in their honor. It was an awful day weather-wise with tornadoes touching down all over the state, but we were oblivious to that until later that night. All 6 of their kids along with all the grandchildren made it for their special day.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Twice a year I have braided Sierra and COurtneys hair during conference. This year Court was gone and Sierra became too cool for it. I was so sad :(

gpa Harper said...

Well, I think Savannah is just kinky!