Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why I Love My Husband

Years ago, when Chris and I were dating, we carried on a long distance engagement for about a month and a half. During this time, we wrote to each other often and he made sure to decorate my letters with stick figure drawings depicting the two of us and our future together. Last night for Family Home Evening, Joshua did a "cultural arts" lesson where we looked at artwork and poetry from The Friend magazine and then had to create our own and present it to everyone.

Here is what my husband did (hopefully he won't kill me for putting this on my blog!) in the 15 minutes we were given to create something! Oh, and Savannah helped out by coloring my dress after Chris finished!

Once upon a time
a boy became a man.
He took a cute little girl;
and walked hand in hand.
Together climbed a mountain
and went for many drives
A rabbit hatched a ring
a token of future lives.
In white they walked together
and at an altar kneeled
Hand in hand across the altar
Together forever sealed.
Each year thereafter a family grew
Not one, or two, not three or four
but five tiny angels
crawled on their floor
Their home was happy
their family the best
One boy, one girl,
love birds in a nest.

2 comments:

Julie said...

THIS IS AWESOME!! HE DID ALL THIS IN 15 MINUTES?? LET'S GIVE THIS BOY AND HOUR AND SEE WHAT HE CAN COME UP WITH.

Jodi said...

Cute picture and wonderful poem...no wonder you married him!