Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crazy Life

Yep, that's what it's been around here for the past two weeks! I have been cleaning out the house, top to bottom, and preparing for a yard sale! We finally did that yesterday and made $125 to go towards our pool membership this summer. I have decided I am DONE with yard sales! I will be donating and taking the tax write-off from here on out! But at least my spring cleaning is done and it feels so much better around my house!

In other fun news....



Joshua got his cast off!

Savannah took her biggest step yet towards growing up by registering for Kindergarten! It was a "red letter fashion day" for Savannah as she made sure that she carried her Alligator Purse (thanks Uncle Mitch and Aunt Shannon) and she got LOTS of compliments on it from all the Kindergarten teachers!

And Shelby and Caleb both had exciting news!

Caleb has been accepted to the Governor's School for the Arts!!! He is starting high school next year and in our state the kids have the opportunity to apply to attend regional Governor's Schools. They are very prestigious schools here in our state and are difficult to get in to. He had to interview, audition and present an application showing all of his qualifications. This particular school takes applicants from 14 school districts and Caleb was one of only 15 students accepted this year for the instrumental major. I think Caleb will benefit most from the small size of the school since it has less than 350 students while most high schools in our district have 1500-2000 students!

Shelby was accepted to the Summer Governor's School program where she can live at a college campus for a month this summer and be part of a dynamic learning community. There are lots of fun classes and experiences that she can have and it is entirely paid for by the state. She has an extremely busy summer planned and is still debating whether or not she should go because it would interfere with girl's camp, but I think it would be an incredible opportunity! She also just got her first job working at an ice cream shop here in town and is looking forward to making LOTS of money! (I am afraid she may find that it is not as much as she is hoping it will be by the time they take out taxes and she spends like a maniac......but hey, who isn't excited about their first job?!!!)

The most exciting news, though, is I leave for Women's Conference on Tuesday! I am so excited for the chance to spend time with my mom and my sisters and be spiritually uplifted! The last thing I need to do before I go is make my husband a spreadsheet (I gotta speak his language!) of where all the kids need to be and when! Life tends to be a bit crazy around here, so he needs me to keep him organized! Say an extra little prayer for him this week while he plays "Mr. Mom"!

Snake update: The weather cooled off for five days and I thought the snake was gone for good, but he showed up again sunning on my porch as soon as it warmed back up. I am currently living at peace with the snake and I am not bothering him if he doesn't bother me! I think I might get one of those stuffed owls or hawks to sit on my porch railing.....do you think that would scare him off?

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a good idea with the owl! I have one if you want to borrow it. Congrats to your family! Wow are things turning around with the good news for everyone! GO TAYLOR FAMILY! Oh, and have a wondeful trip!

Sonda said...

Great job Caleb and Shelby!! That is great news. I have your cell, do you still have mine? Call me if you have any extra time. I can come down there anytime.