Friday, April 17, 2009

Our Pet

Sometimes you choose to become a pet owner and sometimes pets adopt you. I am not what you would call an animal lover (not that I don't like animals....I just feel like I have enough things to take care of already!). Up till this point, we have only had sea monkeys, fish, and a random cat that lived on the doorstep of the new home that we bought.
About a week ago, this little guy showed up on our porch......

Not exactly the kind of pet I would choose for myself, mind you! I figured if we left him alone, he would go away, so we did. I watched him slither INTO THE VENT UNDER MY PORCH!!! I immediately ran down to the basement to see if there was a way he could get into my house from under the porch and I am now completely freaked out!

So here we are, a week later, and he has been back, lounging on my porch, 3 times since then. When he is finished lounging, he heads right back down underneath the porch. So far I have not found him in my house, but I am not really liking this! I want Chris to relocate him to the stream in our neighborhood, but Chris thinks he will keep mice away. (Not that I have ever had a problem with mice here, mind you......)

My kids have started checking for him at all hours of the day and then announcing to the family "The snake is back!!!" when they find him. Anyone want a pet snake?!!! I will gladly give him away!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Ha Ha! That sounds like something that Jared would say! "It will keep the rats out" AHHH. I would be freaking out too.

Jodi said...

So sorry - that would really gross me out!! Tell your hubby that cats keep mice away too!!

Rachel said...

the nightmares I would have at night if that thing was on my porch

Shannon said...

Ok, that is NOT a little snake....All this time I'm thinking a small snake....That's just GROSS!

Sonda said...

Are you kidding me???!!! Get rid of that thing! I'll buy you a mouse trap myself if you should have a problem with them. That thing is too yucky!

Julie said...

Give me one GOOD reason to keep it around! My question is, what is he eating that keeps him there? Keep an eye on Savannah!