Monday, July 12, 2010

Yes, I am 40 and NO, I AM NOT A COW!!!!

Friday was my 40th birthday!
With Chris and Caleb gone to scout camp, Joshua spending the morning at a friend's house and Shelby gone out to breakfast with a friend, I was left with 2 kids to fix breakfast for. That was when I made my plan to not cook on my birthday. I scrounged around through our coupon drawer and found 3 coupons for free chicken mini's and Chick-fil-A, so off we went! Once we got there, we discovered it was "Dress Like a Cow" day and everyone who came in dressed like a cow got a free meal. I realized we could have Chick-fil-A for breakfast AND lunch FOR FREE and my "no cooking day" was looking better and better! We spent the morning at the pool, then after we got Joshua and Shelby back home, we went to work on our costumes. Shelby initially refused to dress like a cow....even my threats of "well you'll have to cook your own food" wouldn't sway her.....but then Aunt Rachel called to wish me a happy birthday and the bribing began! Needless to say, Shelby can't say no to money!
Here we are in all our bovine glory!




I would have to say it was probably one of my best birthday meals ever!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad to see we weren't the only ones who did 2 meals at Chick-fil-A on Friday.

My camera is broken right now, so I only have camera phone pictures of our costumes.

Happy Birthday!

Tricia said...

We must have gone to a different Chick-fil-A than you, but we did it! Full-on costumes. And they gave us free shakes, too! Thanks for the tip.

And happy 40th!

Darla said...

You are hysterical. happy 40th!!

Rachel said...

Shelby you are so stinkin cute why you refuse to do things is unknown to me oh wait you are a teenager!!!!! Check will be in the mail.