Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hazy Days at the Craft Shack

If you came to visit my house, you would never think that I was a crafty person. I am creatively challenged when it comes to decorating my home! You won't walk away with any cutesy ideas or want to bring anyone here to see what I have done, that is for sure! But for one week each year, I morph into THE CRAFT LADY at cub scout day camp! I spend months searching for great craft ideas and filing them away to choose the best ones for use at camp. I can make things you would never imagine out of paper and tape (paper rockets, anyone?) and I even learned how to use a woodburner this year! This was my 5th year working on staff at day camp....the first year I was in charge of the tot lot and the other four have been in crafts. It may be my last and that is a little sad. I did not sign up to be the craft lady next year because I am unsure what life will hold with Shelby graduating and going off to college.
I even get a little misty-eyed when I think of it. I can't imagine a summer without one sweltering week in the heat crafting with a bunch of 7-10 year old boys who think I am the best crafter in the world!
Who knows.....they may not be able to fill my position and I could be persuaded to come back!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You do amaze me with the crafts you come up with thats for sure. I am sure the boys look forward to seeing you every year. The thought of Shelby graduating next year is crazy! Wow is it already that time??????

Darla said...

I might have to take your place as craft lady. (; I wouldn't mind that, at all! I love 7 to 10 year old boys!