Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Trip to the Mountains

It started with the hiking merit badge and a requirement to do a 10 mile hike..... combined with a desire to see the leaves in all their fall glory.....


and ended with some very tired, somewhat dehydrated and completely exhausted family members encouraging each other to "endure to the end"!


I can't think of a better way to spend the day!



I cannot even begin to tell you how incredible this stream felt midway through our hike to my aching feet. I DID NOT want to leave!









I had to laugh because the boys always ran on ahead of us. We came around bend in the trail and saw them sitting under this sign which read "WARNING: Problem bears in this area".....like the bears wouldn't come get them as long as they didn't pass the sign!!!





LOVE this pic of my sweet teenage son piggybacking his little sister. You know, with all the unlovableness that comes with teenagers, this picture reminds me of everything good that is still deep inside of him.



Resting with my sweetie.....







2 comments:

Tricia said...

Yay! 10 miles with the whole family! I can't even imagine it...

That bear thing made me laugh. thanks for the pics of beautiful Virginia.

Darla said...

We need to hike with you guys. Honestly. We would love to. I don't feel like I have enough time with the Taylors and it bums me out. And by the way, we still have Savannah's mermaid and I feel so bad we haven't gotten it to you!!