Monday, March 12, 2012

Great Wolf Fun

I have been taking a bit of a blogging hiatus, if you couldn't tell.....we changed computers in December and all my old pics are on my old computer and I just let that stop me from putting up anything new, but NO MORE! We have been trying to do some fun mini-vacations this year courtesy of groupon and living social, and when I saw the deal for Great Wolf Lodge pop up, I couldn't let it go! I have been wanting to take the kids there forever but it was just SO expensive. With the groupon we were able to get it at half the price we normally would have paid, so we made plans for a teacher workday in January knowing that it would be a nice break from winter weather!
Unfortunately, I don't have many pics from the waterpark since I didn't want to carry my camera around with me down there, but there was lots of other fun to be had. At night the boys all enjoyed the GR8 Space with big screens and video gaming systems while Savannah and I did the MagicQuest game (so much fun! oh and a great workout too, running up and down those flights of stairs!)
The best part was just the chance to hang out together. Chris has been travelling so much lately that the "downtime" that we used to have with him is almost non-existent, so it was fun for the kids to have dad around to play with. We spent 5 hours in the waterpark the first night and then all day the next day just playing and having fun. I even went down a few slides with my broken wrist (don't tell my orthopedist that!) but they were on the tame side. Our suite was incredible! There were 2 bedrooms (one for the kids and one for us) and two bathrooms, a living room and a little mini-kitchen area. Our bathroom had a jetted tub (LOVE!) so I could soak to my hearts content!

It was two full days of pure fun and I would go again in a heartbeat, but I am definitely looking out for a deal! If anyone hears of one, let me know!

No comments: