Monday, October 26, 2009

Costume Party Fun

Chris and I were invited to our first costume party in AGES this weekend. I was so excited about it, but Chris needed to be convinced that dressing up would be fun..... I spent a week browsing second hand stores and the internet looking for ideas, but none of them seemed to be something that we would both agree on! Then I spent a whole day out with Joshua shopping for a Knight costume for his Renaissance Faire (which we could only find for $50) so we headed over to the fabric store and found a great pattern and material for $12. When we brought it home, Chris thought it was pretty cool and said he would wear that......so back to the fabric store I went!I ended up making a Knight in Shining Armor and a Damsel in Distress costume! I started sewing on Wednesday and finished them up Friday morning. I have this really bad habit of sewing till I am almost done (you know, just the point where you can see what the costume will look like) and then moving on to the next one. I think I am just anxious to see how they will look! So I was mostly finished with both of them by Thursday night and then spent Friday morning hemming both costumes. I LOVED how they turned out and everyone was so surprised that I had made them myself. I have to say, Halloween costumes are way more fun to make than regular clothes! Now this week I have to make the mini versions since I am making a knight for Joshua and a Damsel in Distress for Savannah.....so it's back to the sewing machine for me!


3 comments:

Jodi said...

You did a GREAT job! You guys should win the "best costume" award for sure!

The Porter Family said...

What a fun project! That is awesome! What a sense of accomplishment!

Darla said...

Wow,
I'm totally impressed with your sewing skills!