Monday, October 5, 2009

Artists and Nail Polish

Lots of pictures are being drawn around my house lately by one little girl who is thrilled to be taking art classes at school!Naturally, most of the pictures involve princesses! (which happen to be her favorite thing at the moment)Or Mom (which happens to be her second favorite thing!)On Friday, Savannah had a playdate and I learned how much my "mothering skills" have lapsed...... Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to let her keep her nail polish and tell her that she had to do it with mom or dad around! She broke the rule and got it out with her little friend and then it got knocked on the carpet. Chris tried to get it out with nail polish remover, but that only made things worse. At least it was purple and matches the pink and purple decor in her room......because it will probably stay this way for a LONG time!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I did that once - at my mom's house but I was in my late 20's! I felt SO bad! I bet you could be a millionaire if you invented something to take nail polish out of carpet!! :)

The Porter Family said...

Oooooh Nooo! Jodi is right! Millions for the person who figures that one out!

Darla said...

You CAN get it out! (; I think tons of water and WD-40 (that's what we did, anyway). You can find helpful hints online (if you're interested, that is..).

Rachel said...

When I did that I just got scissors and cut it out. Luckily mom and dad had the type of carpet I could cut and they would never notice!