Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow is falling all around.....

It all started Friday night.... The much talked about "snowstorm of the century" arrived after midnight and by Saturday morning, I was a little disappointed to only see 2 inches on my deck.
However, it continued to snow throughout the day and by Saturday night, the total was up to 9 inches!

When we woke up Sunday morning and measured we have now topped out at TEN INCHES OF SNOW!!!!
We don't get snowstorms all that often, usually one per year or less, so this is our bonus second storm this year! Unfortunately, I still don't have snow clothes for my kids. The only places with decent snow clothes are sporting goods stores, which makes them incredibly pricey. I am thinking I need to take a suitcase out west when I go and hit up a few Deseret Industries just to stock my kids up on warm stuff to play in the snow in!
For now, we will venture out for brief periods and then come back inside to play games and spend fun family time! Church was cancelled for today and it doesn't look like the kids will be back in school before Wednesday.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow! My kids are jealous! We don't have ANY snow here - it's all melted now - wish you lived closer so I could share our snow gear! :) Enjoy it!