Saturday, February 6, 2010

And The Snow Kept on Fallin'

The kids were actually ready to go back to school on Thursday after missing the first half of the week due to our last snowstorm. (And I have to admit to being ready to see them go, myself!) After a delayed start, they were able to get in 4 hrs. of school that day. I spent the day scouring every store I could think of for snow gear because the weather man was forecasting another major winter storm for the weekend. I was far from successful, but did find a pair of snow boots for Savannah. By the time the kids got home from school Thursday, Chris had called and said that his work was closed on Friday due to the coming storm. We teased the kids that they still had to go to school, but dad's work was cancelled!

Friday morning we woke up to no snow and no school cancellations. I took Shelby and Caleb to seminary and then headed to the YMCA with Joshua to work out. As soon as we stepped on the treadmills, the school cancellation scrolled across the TV screen. So all the poor kids had to go to seminary but not school!

By 10:00 am Friday, the snow was coming down in big heavy flakes. I took Joshua, Samuel, Caleb and Savannah on a 2 mile walk through the snow to McDonald's. I figured if they could walk there, they deserved to eat lunch out! Plus it helped use up some of their wild and crazy energy! One of Caleb's friends met us there and we had a great time! Over night the snow turned to rain which helped keep our accumulations down, but also created a sheet of ice underneath the snow that fell Saturday morning. Still, it is beautiful!
My poor Valentine's Day flag has yet to show itself off without snow freezing it together!

The bushes are collapsing from the weight of ice and snow. We may be re-landscaping whether we want to or not come spring!

Samuel and Savannah turned my snowman into a fox, but I think it looks more like an alien!

And church is cancelled for the second week in a row! Isn't it convenient that these two weeks were the weeks that my family was scheduled to clean the building?!!! No complaints here!

2 comments:

Darla said...

You are so good about posting, Janine! I've been so bored with my blog lately (or is it my LIFE?!). I gotta get remotivated..

Julie said...

EWWWW! So the building has not been cleaned in three weeks?? I don't even want to KNOW what's going to happen during the weeks' activities....What a good blogger you are!