Friday, February 19, 2010

Blue and Gold Banquet

Tonight was the blue and gold banquet and the scout cake auction. I was baking like crazy at my house because we have 3 boys with cakes to make. As we were looking for cakes, I found this great idea where you auction off a cake to be thrown at the scoutmaster and cubmaster. So, I figured what's two more cakes......and before you know it, I was baking 5 cakes! Chris is Scoutmaster and he graciously agreed to be attacked! I think he just wanted to eat cake!
Brother Orton, our cubmaster, was a good sport too and agreed to be plastered with cake after I ran the idea by his wife and she accepted for him! Between the two cakes that were thrown, we made an additional $60 for the boys.
Joshua's bowling alley cake sold for $25


Samuel's Gummy Bear Olympics cake sold to us for $35

And we also bought back Caleb's aquarium cake for his birthday tommorow for $40. The boys had a great time and of course they loved eating the cake most of all! Stay tuned for more scout stuff.....the pinewood derby is tommorow!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

The cakes are darling! I think the auction is a great idea - I'm going to have to tell my young women presidents about it!