Saturday, November 6, 2010

Birthday Girl

After waiting all day for dad to get home from work and then mom to get home from a school district meeting, Savannah was SO ready to celebrate her birthday! After begging for three long years, Savannah was thrilled to finally receive an American Girl doll! It was not without drama though.....I ordered her 2 weeks in advance of the birthday and she was delivered by FedEx to our local post office last Friday as part of their parcel post program. The post office was then to deliver it to me. Six days later there was still no package! I was so upset! So the morning of Savannah's birthday I went to the post office and they searched high and low for the package. After about 20 minutes they were able to locate it on the mailman's truck, so they went and got it for me! Who knows how long he had been carrying it around with him.....I am just glad we were able to get her in the nick of time for Savannah's birthday! She was so cute when she opened the present and sat there for about five minutes just like this:
Elizabeth is now a new and very special part of our family! She has accompanied Savannah everywhere! (Although I did have to babysit her while Savannah was at school yesterday!)

When I went up to turn off the lights, I found Savannah had created her own special bedroom for Elizabeth....
The next day after school we celebrated Savannah's birthday with her friends. I needed about 10 more sets of hands to help me out with this one! Thank heavens for Caleb....Chris was gone driving Samuel and his friend to swim practice, and Shelby backed out on me last minute to go to a football game, so I was left with 7 hyper little girls to make homemade pizza's and craft with! I didn't have a free hand to take a picture till it was almost all over! Each girl got to make her own personal pan pizza then we made princess stick puppets. Caleb was such a big help with the crafting station and then the girls recruited him to be the monster chasing the princesses! He is definitely a good big brother!
It was so fun to see how cute and individual they all turned out! The girls absolutely LOVED them!
Happy Birthday Savannah!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

The princess stick puppets are such a cute idea.