Thursday, November 11, 2010

Samuel's Birthday

I'm not gonna lie; with two birthdays 6 days apart, it gets a little hectic around here. As a matter of fact, on Samuel's birthday he got downstairs before I had changed the writing on the mirror from Savannah to Samuel! He was still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes when he came in to the kitchen to tell me that I forgot to put his name up! So, dishrag in hand, I headed to the mirror and wiped off the Savannah and wrote in Samuel.....a little smeary, but it satisfied him!
Rather than blow out the candles this year, Samuel wanted to "pinch" them out! He licked his fingers and pinched a few flames.....must have gotten too hot because he finally resorted to blowing! As he was leaving for school, he asked me to make him a swimming cake.....so I resorted to my traditional methods of cake-decorating and went looking for some plastic swimmers at the toy store! No luck there, so Savannah and I went to a cake decorating supply store and all they had were molds of a swimmer. So we bought some blue chocolate (white chocolate dyed blue, that is) and melted it down for the mold. It was my very first attempt, but it turned out just fine! Made for an interesting cake if you ask me, but Samuel loved it, so whatever!

Samuel's favorite present by far was this.....

Kinda nice when your sister works for a grocery store!

We had a party with friends over the weekend where we had an all out potato gun war!
If you have never played with a potato gun, I highly recommend you try it! The gun shoots little pellets of potato, and here is some of the potato carnage left over after the war. We pulled out the firepit and the boys had a great time roasting hot dogs for lunch.
Two birthdays down, one left to go and then we can say goodbye to November!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Janine your cake is such a work of art :) Glad you are done with the stress of parties. Miss you!!!