Saturday, December 25, 2010

Anniversary Celebrations

Chris and I were able to celebrate our anniversary this year by FINALLY reaching the point where we could leave the kids home alone to watch each other over night! I tagged along on a business trip with him and we stopped in at the Washington D.C. temple to see the lights. It was so enjoyable to be able to stroll through the temple grounds and visitor's center without having to keep up with younger kids (or break up arguments....which my kid's DO....anytime, any place....but that's another story!)
I LOVED the nativity display and took tons of pics, but I will spare you the rest and just show a few of my favorites.

Ukraine

Finland

Eskimo
At the hotel, the front desk clerk upgraded us to a suite since it was our anniversary, which meant I got a giant jacuzzi tub to take unlimited bubble baths in while my husband slaved away at work. I also got to shop to my little heart's content and went to my first IKEA....so cool! We spent two nights totally enjoying ourselves, and the kids actually survived the non-stop Wii-playing, frozen dinner eating, non-sleeping funfest! We just might have to do this again next year! And to all my friends with young kids: HAVE HOPE! Your time will come! One day your kids will actually grow up and be old enough to babysit themselves! :)




No comments: