Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Month's Worth of Posts.....

I know, the excuse of "I've been so busy" is really lame, but I REALLY HAVE, so here is a very long catch-up post..... The grass is growing and the Eagle project is a success!
Let the Christmas decorating begin....

And what I can't quite depict in pictures is how many times I had to break up fights while we decorated the tree! Please tell me it's like that at your house too or I will really feel like a bad mom!

We had our first snow of the season (followed a few weeks later by our SECOND snow, which was actually 3 inches and sorry, I don't have pics. I had to check to make sure I wasn't in Utah!)

Joshua had his band concert.....have I mentioned he is playing percussion? He was one of the lucky few who got to trade in their instruments and start on percussion!

We took a mini-vacation and went to Samuel's State Swim meet. Naturally, the party at the hotel was more fun than the meet!

It was pretty intense and I couldn't believe the caliber of kids swimming. You had to hit certain time standards to even qualify to go, so it was highly competitive. Samuel's highest placing was 22nd and his lowest was 35th, but he was thrilled to hit personal best times in every event.


I love love LOVE this skirt! Remember the "lazy days skirt"? I've made it twice before, and it is the easiest pattern. This one was my own variation on the original pattern. I found the dark brown material in the remnant bin and bought it planning to make a skirt. When I got home and held it up to Savannah, I realized it was too short, so I went back and bought 1/8 yd. of coordinating fabric, stitched it to the bottom, and covered the seam with ribbon. It turned out so cute and looks like a boutique skirt. I love that I can make it without looking at a pattern now; I just sew it! I *almost* feel like an accomplished seamstress!

Caleb at his Christmas Orchestra Concert....this was the night we learned that school was cancelled for the next day midway through the concert due to a snowstorm that was coming in. We ended up missing our last two days of school before winter break! No complaints here!

These were the cookies Savannah and I made to take to her class on the last day of school....however, we ended up snowed in, so they are happily being eaten by my family!

And last, but not least, a little bit of music from Caleb's orchestra to put you in the Christmas spirit!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

well it definitely looks like you guys have the Christmas spirit every where you turn. and yes, that skirt for Savannah is SO cute. you did a great job. i need to learn how to do good stuff like that.

Rachel said...

I am loving all the catch ups. So happy to see the grass is green and if you ever get bored whip up some skirts for my girls they are boutique quality for sure. Love you lots