Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve

This is what happens when you get 5 giddy children together to pose for a picture in new jammies.... The homemade present exchange was a success this year, as always. Chris made me a "101 Reasons that I Love You" book.
Joshua metal-stamped a key chain. Sorry for the blurry pic; it says "best dad".


I made Samuel a body pillow and Samuel made Joshua a cup and ball game.

Caleb painted Savannah this cute rocker that we found at the thrift store (it was still drying, so she couldn't put a doll in it yet!)
He also made these adorable little sandals for her American Girl doll. Such a fun idea!

Shelby spent about 10 hrs. on Christmas Eve day making this giant Risk game for Caleb. She sent me running all over town trying to find army men which she then spray painted to be the pieces. It is very cool! However, I have decided that all Christmas presents need to be finished a week before Christmas now because I refuse to go out to Walmart on Christmas Eve ever again!

Savannah colored this little jewelry box for Shelby and also made her a potholder (for her future home....)
Once again, I realized how very important this fun family tradition is and I am so grateful for my parents for starting it when we were young!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the homemade gifts idea. We might start that next year.

The Porter Family said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I am so glad there are good families like yours out in the mission field. You must do the world good!