Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter

Remember last year when I didn't take any pictures of our Easter celebrations and I was lamenting being a bad mom and vowed to take pictures this year?

Well, I give you Easter 2011 in all its finery..... I am SUCH a photographer! Sadly this is the only picture I took!

A few days before Easter, Savannah said to me "Mom, I haven't ever gotten to make colored eggs." WHAT??? She had to be wrong! I was the mom who always did colored eggs! So I started thinking back and realized that I haven't done them in the 4 1/2 years that we have lived here, so if she did them, it was when she was 2 and there is no way she would remember that! When did life get so hectic that I didn't have time to color Easter eggs?!!

So I boiled some eggs and gathered all the kids who were interested (only the 3 youngest came) and we got to work coloring. I don't think Joshua colored any; he was too interested in his book! But Savannah and Samuel had a great time!

1 comment:

Darla said...

This is HILARIOUS, Janine!! I'm sure Savannah and Samuel will forgive you for the last 4 1/2 years of not doing Easter. (; We didn't carve pumpkins last year because frankly, we didn't want to and really..the kids didn't even notice! Their childhood is still absolutely wonderful compared to most. (: And Joshua reading the book?? Ha! Great pic!