Thursday, May 19, 2011

New York Trip

Earlier this month I was able to chaperone Caleb's orchestra trip to New York. I have never been, so I was excited to check out all the sights! Here is our motley crew in Times Square...This is the New Year's Ball. I don't know what I expected.....I was a bit disappointed! It was so small and somewhat anticlimactic if you ask me!We went to a broadway show one night and then on a dinner cruise the next night. The Statue of Liberty was awe-inspiring to see from the boat and the New York City skyline is gorgeous at night.













Here I am in Times Square.....I have to admit, it was fun for a day, but I did not enjoy the crowds! Too many people crammed together; you can forget about personal space! The funny thing was, I had spent the weekend before revelling in the openness of the Nevada desert, and then to be in a cramped city was crazy!



My favorite stop was Toys R Us in Times Square. What a dream toy store! They even had a life-sized barbie dream house! YES, I totally went in! You have no idea how long I have dreamed about being in the barbie dream house!



This was in the Legoland part of the store. There were lots of cool things made out of legos; I know my boys would have loved it!Then my favorite childhood game, Candyland, had its very own section. Lots of bulk candy and specialty treats....all priced at a premium, of course!There is a full sized ferris wheel right as you enter the store. I had to snap a picture of the My Little Pony car for Savannah. How cool is that?!!





It was a fun trip, but I was glad to come home. I have no desires to ever live in a big city! When we pulled into our neighborhood I was so excited to see wide open streets without cars lining both sides! Oh yeah, and there was an orchestra competition.....they won first place!

No comments: