Wednesday, July 13, 2011

4th of July Fun

The day started out with our annual bike parade down to the pool. Savannah was the only one who would decorate a bike this year.....I guess the others are just too cool for that! It took much bribery (a free snowcone from the snack bar) to convince Savannah to attempt to ride her bike. After crashing earlier this year and drawing the equivalent of a drop of blood, she has had it parked in the garage collecting spider webs.

After a few hours of swimming in the pool to cool off, the kids entered the hula hoop contest. I think Savannah lasted about a minute before hers fell to the ground.

Samuel was a bit more coordinated and hung in there for quite a long time, but in the end, the hopping on one foot while hula hooping did him in! Here he is going to his happy place! :)

Of course the favorite part of being at the pool is hanging out with friends. Typically the boys spend half of their day playing Redemption at these tables on any given day.


We did our fireworks on July 3rd down by the river. It was a good thing, too, because the 4th ended up in thunderstorms and a torrential downpour, so all firework displays were cancelled. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera along, but the fireworks were incredible!


***HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!***









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boy's body in that hoola hoop shot just knocked my socks off!. Luv the nipples and the physique. I gotta tell you, when I dream of him tonight my hand is going to be up under his shirt long before I start to remove it. He is really going to make for an exciting dream.