Sunday, July 17, 2011

Little Drivers

We spent the weekend of my birthday getting in a bit of much needed beach time and some relaxation! Chris stayed home with Shelby and Caleb while I took the three youngest to visit Chris' parents and play. Thanks to Chris' sister, Cathy, who made one of my all-time favorite cakes....lemon pound cake! I don't think she even knew how much I liked it! We were able to spend 4 hrs. playing at the beach and then PawPaw taught the kids how to drive his golf cart. They loved it! And being the family photographer, I love the great pics I got of PawPaw with the kids!

We also stopped by our favorite ice cream place on the way back from the beach and then ventured across the street to see the goat playground. I hate that I didn't bring my camera along! They have a bunch of pygmy goats and chickens and we even got to feed them. I have sadly finally admitted to myself that my kids are city slickers even though I stil consider myself a country girl at heart.

We got home Sunday night and Caleb had baked me a cake and made dinner (albeit mac and cheese). He and Chris had even cleaned up the house. It was a fun ending to a great weekend!

No comments: