Thursday, September 3, 2009

There Goes My Baby......

Today was Kindergarten Orientation and I accompanied my last child on her path to life-long learning. It was a bittersweet day for me and I have to admit to tearing up a bit in the classroom as the teacher talked about what they would be doing this year. Savannah picked her outfit herself. The shirt says "I'm the cute sister" which she wore because she got Samuel's old kindergarten teacher! She laid all her clothes out last night and carefully matched everything from hair accessories to shoes! I don't know quite what to think of this little fashion queen!

She came home a little sad because two of her friends from our neighborhood are in another kindergarten class together and she is sure there are no girls who look like friends in her class. I encouraged her to give it a few days and things would get better! Now I have a few more days to enjoy my sweet innocent little girl before I send her off for good on Tuesday! And life marches on......

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I know how you feel - I sent Coleman to 1st grade this year - that means he's gone all day (6 hours) and I was SO sad!