Thursday, September 24, 2009

Girl Stuff: Dancing Princess and the Lazy Days Skirt

Savannah has started taking dance classes this year. She looks so cute! She is taking tap and ballet and absolutely LOVING every minute of it! Being the busy mommy that I am, I just now started putting all the dates on the calendar from the dance studio and realized that her rehearsal and recital are on two back to back SUNDAYS! So.....it looks like we will be looking for a new dance studio now. I wouldn't mind keeping her there, but I think as the recital gets closer, she would feel so sad that she wasn't going to be in it.I was wasting time online the other day and found the cutest little pattern for the lazy days skirt. It looked so simple that I had to try it! It has been a while since I have sewn anything and I was kind of excited for a new project! I decided to practice on a Halloween skirt and was able to make this one in just under an hour and the materials cost a total of $2.50.


There are some other cute versions of this skirt here and here. Since I have a girly girl who LOVES skirts, I think I will try out some other fun fabric combinations!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

LOVE the skirt - I wish they had the pattern in bigger sizes so I could make one for me..it looks so comfy!

The Porter Family said...

You got me motivated to get out the sewing machine. I used to sew the boys sunday shirts, suits, sweatshirts, shorts, etc. and couldn't wait for a girl to sew up cute dresses! Well, when she came, I sewed up one Christmas dress when she was 6 months old and quit. I think I'll start it up again! She would LOVE a Halloween skirt!