Saturday, December 19, 2009

Flat Stanley, Orchestra, and SNOW!!!

He's BAAaaack!!!After a fun trip to Oregon to visit family, Samuel's Flat Stanley got back just in time to join us for the Flat Stanley Gallery Exhibit at school. The invitation said "semi-formal" dress, but Samuel assured me that his teacher said they could just come in school clothes......we were the only ones dressed casually! :O)
That's okay though, we still had a GREAT time! Christmas cookies AND a chance to show off Flat Stanley's scrapbook....PRICELESS!


Then we were off to Caleb's first orchestra concert. This was a first for me as I have never attended an orchestra concert of any kind. Caleb attends the Governor's School for the Arts, so their orchestra is very good. I really did not know what to expect, and I very quickly learned that it is an entirely different crowd that attends orchestra concerts! We have only experienced band concerts where they play very loud 2-3 minute pieces and my kids can wiggle and talk and even dance in the aisles without upsetting anyone! This is definitely not acceptable behavior at orchestra concerts.....the kids were really very good, but I still got several dirty looks when Samuel could not seem to hold still!

Caleb is seated in the back row on the left hand side. He is playing his clarinet in this picture.

Here he is in the musician's uniform!


Here is a very bad video from the concert.....perhaps you could just close your eyes and listen! It kept going in and out of focus and I was never able to get a closeup on Caleb.

Last night a major snowstorm hit and we now have 8 inches and counting!
I LOVE IT!!!

The bad news is that I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and it has never fully recovered....as a matter of fact, I re-injured it a few days ago and it is really unstable, so I have been unable to go out and play in the snow. SO depressing!
I have been sitting in my house, snapping pictures out the window, baking cinnamon rolls and making soup! I am not minding being snowed in at all!


With temperatures next week supposed to be around freezing and below, this white stuff may stick around long enough for me to have a White Christmas for the first time since I moved away from Utah!

No comments: