Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shopping for a Modest Prom Dress

Shelby and I went on a 10 hour road trip yesterday in search of a modest prom dress! After searching the internet and agonizing over buying a dress online without ever being able to try it on, I found this little shop owned by a Christian lady that specializes in carrying only modest formal and wedding dresses. Well worth the drive! Shelby found several that she liked, but here are the ones that didn't make the final cut..... The second place dress. This was the first one she tried on and she loved it!

Another favorite, but not quite the right color.....maybe if it had been burgundy....she thinks she looks bad in red (although I think it was gorgeous on her!)

Nice dress, but she thought the color washed her out.

She loved this one but was afraid it would be WAY too poofy when all the crinolines were steamed out.
I think her dad would have died if I had brought this one home! Very cute, but she was afraid she would chicken out of wearing it! I told her prom is when you want to look elegant.
Anyway, you will have to wait to see her final choice; I am not posting it on here until she gets all dolled up with hair and makeup for the prom in April. We had a fun trip and it was definitely worth the time it took to get there. I love that my daughter knows that it was important enough to us for her to dress modestly that we would devote a whole day to finding a gorgeous dress that fits within our standards.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the red dress on her. Shelby did tell me she loves the one she found.

Savannah also told me all about her beautiful modest dress she was wearing at church today and how you drove all the way to NC to get it for her.

Rachel said...

Seriously I would have killed for a body like that in highschool!!!! I am so glad she found a modest dress and I am sure the time spent with her was exactally what was needed. I for one thought the dark blue one was the best but thats my favorite color. Can't wait to see her all dolled up.

Darla said...

So cool, Janine!! I'm glad you two could do that together. She must know how much you love her. Those are great dresses. Where was this place?
p.s. my favorite was the first one. (;