Friday, March 26, 2010

A Week of Firsts!

Joshua played in his first ever lacrosse game and did quite well for himself! He was a wonderful defender blocking plays and then when they put him in on attack, he even scored an epic goal!(Joshua says it was an epic goal because he got slammed by a defender and has a bruise to show for the hit and he had FOUR defenders on him when he scored!)
I got to watch my first ever lacrosse game and found it to be extremely fun. Of course, anytime I am rooting for my kids, it is fun to watch!

Savannah was given this cute ICarly bike by a friend in the neighborhood. The only catch was it DID NOT come with training wheels. But sometimes, when a bike is cool enough, you can overlook things like that! Within 30 minutes of going out to attempt a 2 wheeler, she was riding like a pro!

1 comment:

Mama King said...

Janine, i just read your comment on the Make and Takes blog. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. i have been struggling about what to do with our very bright yet severely anxious child. She is a late Sept birthday. I decided she wasn't ready for Kindergarten next fall and everyone is making me feel crazy. I hear, "What? She is so smart, advanced..." "She'll be fine. You are just over protective." I feel, it doesn't matter how smart you are if you are not confident enough to raise your hand or are making yourself sick with worry every morning! So, thank you! You are so right. Kids are only kids for so long. What is the rush!