Thursday, October 21, 2010

All Things Pumpkin

One of my favorite blogs is celebrating "pumpkin week" by presenting a new recipe each day that has pumpkin in it. I just made a triple batch of pumpkin muffins last week and had a little bit of canned pumpkin left over in the fridge. Naturally, I couldn't resist the allure of the aroma of pumpkin pie permeating my house, so I tried out the Pumpkin French Toast as an after school snack. Everyone loved it! There were even some leftovers for breakfast the next morning!

Then, the caterer I work for occasionally sent me her recipe for Pumpkin Black Bean Soup that we made a few weeks ago, and I HAD to make some of that too! We ate it for dinner last night and I don't think it was as big of a hit with the kids.....they pretty much just dipped their homemade artisan bread in it. Oh well, I now have lots left over for yummy lunches and I am a sucker for a good soup for lunch! (I think I may have inherited that from my dad, aka "the soup man")

I have been dying to make the Pumpkin Porridge for breakfast, but since I can never get it together for breakfast and all we ever eat is cereal (the cold kind....or little packets of oatmeal), I gave up this morning. I just added a few spoonfuls of canned pumpkin to my cinnamon and spice oatmeal, then sprinkled some nutmeg in and added milk and cooked it in the microwave. It was SOOOO yummy! I am totally making the porridge....I just have to wait till the weekend or serve it for dinner!

Up next for me, the old standby--pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I just have to find a good recipe!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

pumpkin chocolate cookies are the best! As for the soup man please don't take after dad his soups are not healthy LOL