Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Eagle Project

Why, oh why, did I have three boys??? Because boys mean scouts and scouts mean eagle projects and eagle projects mean one more thing for parents to stress about! Caleb chose to plant grass in an area at our church where there had previously been trees and mulch. The trees were diseased and had to be removed over a year ago, so now the area is all overgrown with weeds. The scope of Caleb's project involved killing the weeds, removing current landscaping, and planting grass. This was no small undertaking!
As a matter of fact, he currently has over 225 man hours into his project! However, the grass was planted 6 days ago and I have yet to see any green.....which means mom is waking up at night stressing about it! Please join me in praying for Caleb's grass. Because I don't think I could handle it if he went to all that work and nothing grows! In the meantime, if you need me I will be at the church watering--or watching my son water--the dirt.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness that was a big patch of dirt. Glad things are growing. Sorry you are stressing over it. Since I can't sleep let me worry and you go back to bed :)