Sunday, June 5, 2011

BEACH!!!

I took the three youngest kids to a swim meet in Newport News over the weekend. Since we were already down that way, I thought it would be fun to go to the beach! I searched and found one about 20 minutes away from where we were. It was an inlet beach, so not a lot of big waves, but for our first beach trip of the year, it was perfect!

There was a festival going on at the beach, so it was hard to find a parking spot. We finally found one in front of a row of houses and Savannah was tickled to death with these guard lions! We stopped to play at a park on the beach and met a woman with an iguana on a leash. The kids thought that was the coolest thing EVER and she was gracious enough to let us take a few pictures with it! I think they all want a new pet now....

Savannah found what she calls "mermaid hair" and the kids thought it would be hilarious to take their pictures wearing it.....






I am quite sure Joshua would never let his hair get this long!

My long haired beauties!



This picture totally cracked me up because Josh was trying to pose all cool looking and then right as I snap the picture, a girl comes strolling by in a bikini! Now he looks like a ladies' man!

Serves me right.....I have a little poser! We have a ton of vacation pictures from when I was TWELVE where I was striking a pose in every picture (embarrassing, I KNOW!). Wouldn't you know I would end up with my own little poser! Unfortunately, she has brothers and this is what happens when your brother walks in front of the camera and your well-planned pose!



The water was great and it was a perfect day at the beach. I loved it and we cannot wait to go again! It was especially fun to have the special time with the three younger kids and get to enjoy their enthusiasm and excitement. Definitely a well needed mini vacation!


No comments: