Friday, May 16, 2008

Cub Scout Birdhouse

Joshua, my handy little cub scout, has been working on getting his bear. He is really quite driven to get this accomplished. I don't believe I have seen this kind of drive in any of my children! I jokingly tell him that he will be the first cub scout to get all the arrow points possible because he is finishing his bear so early in his year! Grandpa made him this birdhouse kit and he put it together several months ago, but it took a few months of nagging to get daddy to help him mount in on the tree. And boy is it ever mounted! We had to use a ladder to get Josh high enough up to take a picture of him with the bird house! He is anxiously awaiting new occupants in the hopes of being able to watch birds nest and have babies inside. To me, it looks to be about the safest place for any bird to nest, so if you know of any homeless birds, send them our way!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Way to go! I wish I had a birdhouse that cool in my tree! My oldest just got his Eagle and my youngest hasn't started scouting yet...so it'll be a while before I get one of those!