Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Idle Idol Prattle

Yes, I am an idol junkie. I admit it.....I cannot go a Tuesday night without my American Idol fix! I thoroughly enjoy watching the show once they get past the auditions where they make fun of everyone (that is not cool in my book). I started off the year a big fan of Brooke White and David Archuleta, but somewhere in the middle, I fell in love with David Cook. I thought he brought something new to the stage every week and I loved his arrangements of the songs. Up until tonight, I was sure he deserved to win. Unfortunately, not a stellar performance tonight by anyone's standards. I did like his middle song, but beyond that, he left me wanting more of the rock star I have grown to love. And this is coming from a country music fan who never thought she would like rock! I still think David Cook will by far outshine David Archuleta when it comes to record sales (since we all know they both will get a contract) but I have to admit that David Archuleta absolutely deserves to win it! Here's to tommorow night's finale!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Agreed - I thought David Cook was so fun to listen to and always had "edgy" arrangements. I was rooting for David Archuleta, but only becuase I'm a Utahn - I was just as pleased when David Cook won! And...you're right, they will both have amazing careers!