Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where Have We Been????

Yes, I know, I have been MIA as a blogger lately. When my sister, Shannon, calls and says, "Where are you? I haven't seen any updates on your blog in over a week." I know I am a slacker! So even though I am in the midst of a crazy week at cub day camp, here is a little update!

Caleb and Dad came home from scout camp. We were so glad that Caleb survived! He was dragging all week, but he made it through! He even tried to go on the zip line, but when he got to the top of the line, they said he was too small. Apparently most 13 yr. old boys weigh 100 lbs by now! Poor Caleb is still pushing 70 lbs!

Here is the group of scouts from our ward at the mess hall. Caleb is in the far right corner. Apparently the food left much to be desired! Our Relief Society fed the missionaries at zone conference midway through the week and Chris just happened to be coming home to work one day in the middle of scout camp, so we were able to send all our leftovers back up to camp for the boys to enjoy! Funny how things work out for the best!

Samuel swam in the championship swim meet and did a great job! He placed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in his races and improved his times substantially! Here he is waiting at clerk of course before his first race.

And this is how he looked after his race! Apparently the goggles and swim cap were a bit tight!



Here is a video of Samuel swimming freestyle at champs. He is in the second lane from the top.

We have been spending the week at cub day camp and having a great time! Samuel and Joshua are in the Grasshopper Den. Here they are with Samuel's craft from yesterday, Japanese Carp Kites.
Shelby and Caleb are working on staff with me in "The Craft Shack" providing entertainment for the cub scouts. They lead camp songs and activities when we take breaks from crafting! It has definitely been a stretch for Caleb, but Shelby is really good at this! We have had several parents comment on how well she performs with the kids! I am glad for this opportunity to volunteer with my kids and watch them grow and feel the rewards of serving others. I can't think of a funner place to volunteer than cub day camp!

Joshua has done really well at camp this year. He scored high enough in BB's to get his junior marksmanship patch. He was so excited! He came very close last year and has waited all year to try again!

Samuel is technically not a cub scout (he will be 8 in November), but since I am on staff they are letting him attend camp as a cub scout. It has been fun for him to be a part of everything this year, but it is extremely HOT! I think he misses the air conditioning in tot lot!

Savannah is in tot lot while we all are at camp. She has enjoyed making new friends, but I took this picture on a day when she was feeling a bit left out. Things are better now! She really does love tot lot and looks forward to this all year long! This is our 3rd year volunteering as a family as cub day camp and we are really enjoying ourselves!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Good to see you ARE alive & well!

Sonda said...

I've been wondering if you fell off the earth or something. Glad to see you're just too busy having fun to blog.

Julie said...

I love this update!! I can't wait for Braden to get to camp. I'm thinking it would be fun for me to volunteer with you next year when Braden starts...am I crazy to think that? Will my blog go to the wayside too?

Darla said...

You're such a good mama. All these pics of your kids and NONE of you!! You're gonna wanna remember how hot you are right now Janine. Have Chris take some okay??

Anonymous said...

I grabbed the hi res close up shot of Samuel shirtless. OMG! My heart skipped a beat when he appeared on the monitor. I ran the picture through some very good software in photo shop to increase the resolution just a little so he appeared life size and sharpened the picture just a tad. WOW! It was so clear and sharp and he literally appeared to be right in front of me. I could see every detail. I could even see the texture of his nipples which was really cool. I reached up and placed my hand on his chest and started stroking and caressing it. My fingers were dancing across his nipples. The monitor was very warm and smooth and it was almost like I was really touching and feeling him. OMG! I was like so frickin happy and grinning from ear to ear. I looked at his succulent lips and leaned close and started kissing him on the mouth. My mouth finally found its way to his chest where I began kissing back and forth across that gorgeous physique. It did not take my lips very long to make their way to his nipples for some intimate kissing, my tongue flickering out. He is definitely going on display life size in my room in my large digital picture frame, and when I got to bed tonight I am going to lay the digital frame next to me in bed, turn the lights out and enjoy this little beauty to the fullest.