Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baking and Gardening and Other Domesticated Bliss

Savannah and I spent yesterday baking cookies. It was a cold day that grew colder as the day went on, so it was the perfect day to bake! Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of our finished product (the kids were all getting home from school and eating faster than we could make and I had a house full of Savannah's friends, so things got a little crazy!) When she saw me put on my old apron and pull out the rolling pin she said "Oooh, are we going to be BAKING GIRLS?!!! Where's my apron?" It was too cute! I had to pull out an old apron of the boys for her to use, but we had a lot of fun!The weather here has turned incredibly cold and rainy, so it is no longer feasible for me to cover the cantaloupes each night. We salvaged what we could and they are now residing on my kitchen counter trying their best to fulfill their purpose in life and ripen to their full potential so we can EAT them! I am not very hopeful at this point, but I just had to try!The kids are all talking Halloween costumes and I am kind of in a funk this year about Halloween......just can't seem to get into the hoopla of the holiday. I don't really know what my problem is. I usually love sewing their costumes or I buy some stuff and just put it together to make my own creation. Savannah found a costume at the store for $12 and my immediate thought was "Great, then I don't have to make it!" The boys are still figuring things out so I pulled down my costume box and Caleb reincarnated the frog I made for him as a 4 yr. old. He is now SUPER FROG!!!

3 comments:

The Porter Family said...

I love baking when its cold outside! Your cookies on the sheet look professional! A big, fat sugar cookie sounds great about now!

I am still putting costumes together, too...nothing like last minute!

Jodi said...

I LOVE the super-frog idea! And your cookies (before baking) look great! You're a good mom - I should do that with my kids some time before Friday...if there's time! ;0)

Julie said...

I want to come live at your house on cold days. You're making me miss having kids at home instead of school...way to go! You KNOW you must be doing something right if you can do that!