Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Security Blankets

Sometimes your favorite blankey cannot make it through another wash cycle. Sometimes your big sister can sew it for you and repair it only to have it rip and shred in a whole new place the next time it is washed. Sometimes the best thing to do is to start all over again! After a week filled with trips to many fabric stores (SIX in all, which is ALOT because they are all over town), Savannah finally stumbled upon a print that she thought somewhat resembled her favorite blankey so we brought it home to sew.
The funny thing is I had the hardest time convincing her that we needed to tie it. She was sure her old blankey didn't have ties on it (it did, it was just so old that they had all pulled through!) and I had to finally pull out the old photo albums and show her pictures of her with the blankey as a baby! So, that was pretty much our day today......now I need to go clean my house and grab a quick nap before the kids come home!

4 comments:

Sonda said...

That is the CUTEST print! She has very good taste and it is worth the visit to every store. She is a girl after my own heart! Pink and dancers. How could you go wrong? I love your blankie Savannah!

Jodi said...

Good for you...I had to do that a few times with some of my girls!

Rachel said...

Did you really make a blankie in one day AND get a nap?

J9 said...

Yes, but my house didn't get cleaned! We all know naps are way more important than housework!