Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Wonderful World of Scouting

In case you didn't know, we are pretty heavily involved in scouting around here. Chris is still scoutmaster and Caleb is now a life scout and senior patrol leader. Last night was our court of honor, and it was a BIG one!Caleb was conducting the meeting because he needed to fill a requirement for the communications merit badge. Those of you who know Caleb as being a man of few words (as the assistant scoutmaster tells me "He says what needs to be said; nothing more.") realize what a big deal this is for him to get up in front of people and conduct a whole meeting!Chris and Caleb, looking pretty sharp in their uniforms, I might add!
Caleb earned his world conservation award, totin' chip and 10 merit badges, bringing his current total merit badges to 17!


Okay, I HATE this picture, but my friend keeps telling me that I don't put any pictures of me up on my blog! It is because I usually have the camera, so when I turn it over to my husband, he is a little unfamiliar with it and we end up getting pics like this because Caleb and I gave up and started to walk away!
In honor of October, a friend and I did refreshments with a Halloween theme. She went for "gory" with her brain surgery watermelon and I went for "cutesy" with my pretzel witches!

3 comments:

J Bailey said...

I know this is silly to leave a comment about your hair but it looks really good. are you using an iron?

(this other stuff was REALLY cool too though :0)

Darla said...

Your hair DOES look great Janine. So pretty and long. And those treats?? YUM!

J9 said...

Haha! No flat iron; it would take too much time! I just use a smoothing serum and blow dry it out. I am in desperate need of a haircut though since it has been almost 6 mos. since my last one!