Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cinderella

In all my time away from Utah, I have found that the thing I miss most is the availability of good literature. I have to admit to being cheap......I don't usually purchase books; I just check them out at the library. I loved having a great selection of church books and mormon fiction available when we lived in Utah. Unfortunately the supply is very short the further you get away from Utah, so I started reading Christian fiction several years ago. One of my favorite Christian authors is Karen Kingsbury. I was online today checking out her webpage to see when the next book in her series was coming out and I noticed a link to Steven Curtis Chapman's website where I found this beautiful music video for a song that he wrote, "Cinderella". It touched my heart especially because he wrote the song last year for his little adopted daughters to help him to remember that all too soon, they grow up and are gone. One of these little girls, Maria Sue, was killed a few weeks ago in a tragic accident when her teenage brother was backing out of the driveway. I chose to share this video on my blog in the hopes that it will remind you to cherish the good times. The song is about 4 min. long and I think you'll be glad you watched. Don't forget to scroll down and pause my music at the bottom of the page.

No comments: