Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Little Paper and Tape

It's amazing what you can do with a little paper and tape! I am on staff at our Cub Scout Day Camp for my second year in a row. I am officially the "craft lady" and I run the craft shack where the kids come and work with me for an hour each day for a week. I am always on the hunt for fun, cool and cheap crafts that the kids can do. We tried out this geodesic dome at home and it was a really fun project for my kids to work on! If you have some extra time on your hands, I would highly recommend this for an activity on a day you need something to keep your kids occupied.
Because the kids at camp like to have something to take home, we made a smaller scale one to start with. It is my intention to make the smaller ones first and then if we have time we can make a large one as a group. Unfortunately that one will have to stay at camp!
If you would like to make your own geodesic dome, you can find instructions here. There is also a more difficult, but way cooler one, here (click on geodesic clubhouse). Have fun!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

First of all...those are cool domes! My 5 year old was sitting on my lap and wants to make one of the BIG ones! We may have to try those when I am back from Hawaii.
Second...to add a link-when you are typing up a post, type the word "here" or "dome" or something, then you highlight the word with the mouse. Then you click on the "link" button up by the text and color buttons (it looks like a chain link) A place pops up to add your http:// address. You just paste the address there and then the word you highlighted turns a differnt color and when people click on it, it takes them to your link! Clear as mud?!? Good Luck!