Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reflections

I will just start off by saying these are TERRIBLE pictures! Obviously, I am winning no awards with these! Caleb, on the other hand, won 2nd place in his school reflections competition in the photography division.
He took this picture with a disposable camera when he was on a scout trip to Pennsylvania a few weeks ago for the Medal of Honor Experience. It was taken in the Medal of Honor Grove in Valley Forge, PA. When he came home with his little disposable camera, he told me that there was a picture on there that he wanted to enter in the reflections competition. Knowing how poor of quality those little cheap cameras usually produce, I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up his picture from the photo shop! It turned out great! This picture doesn't do it justice because we had to have it wrapped in plastic to prevent it from getting messed up and the lights and camera flash are reflecting off of it. I will try to get his original from him and post it if I can.

4 comments:

Julie said...

What a great picture! I love it. I tried to get Braden to take some pictures for reflections, but they were all blah same-old, same-old. Way to go Caleb!

The Porter Family said...

That is great! I am impressed that he KNEW that he had a great one! I love it! Make a postcard or your Christmas card from it! Congrats!

Jodi said...

That is a beautiful picture - especially taken with a cheap camera - way to go!

Sonda said...

What a beautiful picture! I can't believe a disposable one took it that good. Congrats, Caleb!