Friday, September 26, 2008

Cheap Shoes

That's it! I have really learned my lesson this time! Towards the end of May last year I bought Samuel a cheap pair of shoes for school. His were getting old and these were only $3 on clearance at WalMart, so I thought I would go on and buy them and hold onto them for school this year. (My thought process went something like this......"For $3, how bad can they be?"......don't ever ask that, by the way, because fate has a way of proving it to you!) Well, Samuel wore these tennis shoes 2-3 times over the summer and then has worn them to school every day since school started 3 1/2 weeks ago. This morning when he went to put them on, this is what they looked like:
Now we did have a little bit of rain yesterday, but the shoes were by no means soaked. I am appalled that shoe and clothing construction standards have fallen to this point! I am throwing in the towel and will be purchasing name brand shoes from now on! This is ridiculous! A big thumbs down to WalMart and their Champion brand shoes! If I still had my receipt I would go ask for my $3 back, but it would probably cost me that much in gas just to drive to WalMart and back home again......

1 comment:

Sonda said...

I've had to learn that lesson the hard way too, although ours weren't THAT bad. I can't believe they literally fell apart. I buy all my kids' shoes at the outlets and usually can pick them up for about $20. Not bad for Nike, Reebok, etc. They last at least 6 months, which is when they grow out of them anyway. Some of them I can even save for the next kid. I've learned that I'd rather spend $20 every 6 months than $10 every 2! Turns out, the name brand shoes are cheaper than the cheapos. Go figure!