Friday, September 12, 2008

I Really Should Get Out More....

There was a retirement party last night for a lady at Chris' work, so he took me with him to the dinner. I think Shelby was more excited than I was because as soon as she got home from school, she started pulling things out of my closet trying to decide what I should wear! She even resorted to running up to her room and getting things from her closet that were "really big" on her because she was sure I would fit in them. While I am flattered that she would think I could fit into her size 1 skinny jeans, I knew there was not a chance they would come up past my knees! Much to her chagrin, I ended up wearing my own clothes (which weren't quite as "edgy" as hers) and fit me better!

I couldn't believe how much fun it was to get dressed up and spend way more time than normal doing my hair and make-up. I curled my hair and used more hairspray than I have used in the last ten years combined (Shannon, you would have been so proud!) and realized that I can look like something other than a MOM!

We ate at Texas de Brazil, a Brazilian Steakhouse, and the food was GREAT!
If you haven't eaten at one of these, you have got to try it! I ate more meat than I usually eat in 2 weeks! Basically, you get your salad from their salad bar (which is incredible, by the way) and then they just keep bringing more and more meat until you have had enough. My favorites were the filet mignon and their house special sirloin. I had chocolate mousse cake for dessert and it was to die for!

We ended up being at the restaurant for 3 hrs. and the kids were in bed by the time we got home, but Shelby asked me all about it on the way to seminary this morning. Chris and I stayed up late playing with my new toy to burn off all the many calories we ate!
Not that I am trying to brag or anything, but I can kick his butt! Yes! Finally a game that I can beat him on! Life may never be the same around our house again! We now have our own virtual personal trainers (yes, I picked the hot male one and Chris picked the girl just to spite me!) and we will see who wins next week!

All in all, it was a great night and it reminded me of all the many reasons that I am so glad I am married to my best friend!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like a fun night - I feel the same way you do...it's fun to get dressed up and go out and I don't get to do it often enough! And...I really need to get a Wii! I want one of those Wii-fit pads to make exercise and losing weight a little more enjoyable!

Rachel said...

All that time spent on looking like a hot wife and no pictures to show for it?

Darla said...

Hey! I wanted pics of your hair and outfit!!