Thursday, September 18, 2008

So That's What My Husband REALLY Thinks About Me

We had a really neat enrichment night tonight at church. At the end, the enrichment leader went around and told something "spectacular" about every woman in the room. She said sometimes we don't realize how great we are, so she had contacted friends and family members of each woman and found out something special about them. It was neat to learn so many cool things about these women who I go to church with! I was the last person in the room, and by the time she got to me, I was really curious to know what my husband said about me.

It went something like this....."Janine was Miss Nevada American Coed 1989 and she went to Hawaii to compete in the national Miss American Coed Pageant". (My comments: Yes, it is true, but there was a reason most people don't know this about me.....it was something I did to overcome shyness and become more poised in front of people, but I feel like most people would think it was rather shallow.) Then after a nice little pause, she says "AND her husband says she has really HOT legs!"

I have to admit that my face turned all shades of red! I buried my head in my arms and I couldn't stop laughing! Of course everyone else in the room thought it was hysterical and my new nickname is now "Hot legs" and I will never be able to stand up and conduct Relief Society again without people giggling in the background! The funniest thing about it all was that I don't believe I have ever heard my husband say that to me! It's amazing what you find out when someone else asks! So anyway, that pretty much sums up my mortifying evening!

4 comments:

Sonda said...

That's great. You never know what they're going to say. They're just as bad as kids!

Julie said...

At least you got hot legs...I have struck my husanbd with my fast fingers. (Typing 230 words a minute as a court reporter) I think I'd rather have the hot legs!

Darla said...

I TOLD you!! You DO have hot legs, Janine! Oh, I love it. So funny.

Rachel said...

my husbands comment about me was that I snore like a bear. I wish I had hot legs!