Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cub Scout Day Camp

It's been a long, hard, and very fun week at cub scout day camp. Savannah will miss the tot lot and is already counting down till next year! Samuel has had so much fun this year, but is disappointed that he can't really earn all the pins and belt loops till next year. It's all about the award to him, I guess!
Joshua made new friends, became a skilled marksman with the red ryder bb gun and emerged as a leader in his den. He will be an excellent webelo next year!
Shelby and Caleb worked harder than they have ever worked in their lives in 100 degree heat plus humidity! They danced and sang their hearts out all week!
Here is a fun video of Shelby and her friend doing a camp song with the kids.



After a full year of searching for and trying out different crafts, here are the ones that made the final cut! If you want to make your own, click on the title and there will be a link to instructions for how to make it.



Tahitian Tiki Tapa Bookmark

Japanese Carp Kite

Malaysian Blow Guns (okay so they are marshmallow guns!)

We also did the geodesic dome, but I have already shown that one on my blog. It was a little crazy that day, so I didn't get pictures! If anyone has any cool craft ideas for next year, send them my way!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yeah, I definitely want to help out next year with this. You do SUCH COOL THINGS! I will keep my eyes open for fun stuff like these this year. You're definitely running for Mother of the Year! When I grow up, I want to be just like Janine!